Some people would say that “HR” owns the hiring function. Untrue. HR owns compliance, administration, and a large part of the delivery of these functions. You and your team will wind up with the people you hire. So, own the outcomes.
Be HR’s partner! When you understand how you and HR can best work together to bring new team members on board, you’ll increase the possibilities for bringing the right people onto your team. (And, if your organization doesn’t yet have a robust HR function, your informed action when hiring and on-boarding team members is even more important.)
- Hiring, Preparation Evens the Odds, my blog
- Everything’s an Algorithm, my blog
- Evidence Based Interviewing: A Guide for Managers, via Category One Consulting’s Blog
- 8 Interview Questions You Should Never Ask, by Chris Rampenthal at Inc.com
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Technical Interview, from a Former Amazon VP, via First Round Review includes some good basics that apply beyond the “technical” interview.
- Employee Onboarding at Startups Is Broken – Here’s How to Fix It
- The First 90 Days, Proven Strategies for Getting Up To Speed Faster and Smarter, Michael D. Watkins. Onboarding classic.